Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Legal Support to the poor people.

                  When I was in my 3rd year, I was with my friend in his room. the house maid of that house when heard that i am a law student was eager to meet me. She came to me and said "Dadababu tumi amake banchao"( Please save me). I asked her what was the problem. She said she was beaten up every night by her drukard husband and her own drunkard son. I told her to file a complain to police against them under sec 498A of Indian penal Code. She said that police is not entertaining her complaint. I said that if she want she can file a suit under 156 clause 3 of Criminal Procedure code which says that any magistrate may order to treat the suit as a complaint and start investigation by the police.
                 But miraculously she didn't turn up to me for further assistance. I was demoralized but found that people who are unable to pay to the lawyers due to poverty needs immense legal support which would be given free of cost. So this is my first initiative towards the goal of giving free legal support to the needful. Though govt. has legal aid clinics and laws have been constructed to give the same but it is useless until and unless people know that. So to aware the public about this and to construct a free legal aid team this is my first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment